Parisian people love the summer time. Finally, after months of cold weather, rain and grumpiness, they can enjoy weekend getaways in Deauville, Chantilly or Aix-en-Provence. Yes, if the sun is shining we declare that summer is still here. What are the French woman’s rules of wearing her favorite summer outfit? We are talking about the famous bathing suit, bikini, swimwear she has been dying to wear all year long. The waterproof wardrobe! Or not?
1. French women buy swimsuits, bikinis, beach outfits all year long. Why? Because if they see a piece they adore or they have a perfect crush during the winter sale, they don’t want to miss it. The Parisian woman doesn’t have regrets. She is spontaneous and knows what looks good even though she is not going to wear it the next day. She has this flair for endless chic that is never going to go out of style.
2. She knows exactly in the back of her mind either if it’s on a weekend getaway to Biarritz or during a summer long villa rental in Provence, what will look good on HER. There is no need to strictly follow fashion if it makes you look fat or just doesn’t suit you well.
3. The Parisian girl knows she needs to be able to feel beautiful without overdoing it. Summer is about fun and relaxation. Drinking by the pool, eating shellfish, enjoying life. French people stop everything in August. She focuses on only important things such as feeling happy and getting some sun. The French woman knows that she may be unexpectedly invited to a pool party or a day at the beach. She always needs to have her special swimwear apparel ready, in the back of her fashionable mind. Let’s face it an Eres swimsuit is very impressive by the pool. The only issue is that you are too careful with it & are afraid to swim in the sea (too salty) and then lay in the sun for hours. The French woman always has an alternative (yes, she always does).
4. Our Parisian picks and coup de Coeur (crush or likes) go to a sublime graphic swimwear collection available on Net-A-Porter. We all know it is more expensive than getting a Zara bikini Nevertheless, you always want to own a designer swimsuit to feel confident, beautiful and fashionable. It is not too flashy and the style is very natural.
5. What is going on in the Parisian’s swimwear wardrobe? Mixing, combining, creating! Yes, the French woman is more and more into DIY (doing it yourself). Why not combine this beautiful Isabel bikini top with a simple white Etam bottom?
6. You must own a print bikini. The Parisian girl is naturally sexy. Simply with the way she talks, moves and wears her clothes. She still likes to own a wild, panther or zebra print bikini. For a perfect ethnic look and still be a fashionista. La parisienne très chic, oui oui! You can always carry a big colorful necklace to simply transform your look into a summer night dream.
7.To get a perfect tan and to easily wear under a dress, she has a bustier bikini. Albertine brand, Roseanna? A sensual look and total allure look. Palm trees, exotic colors and navy stripes?
8. Effortless chic when choosing her overall. What does the Parisian woman wear on top of her perfect bikini? Paul & Joe? To accessorize, she is the quickest. Espadrilles, panama hat at Petit Bateau and always a scarf and sunglasses that convey style and chic. Keep in mind she wants to feel comfortable and fashionable.
9. To be the ultimate French fashionista, we recommend that you wear Méduses seen at Rodier and check out the summer capsule collection of Comptoir des Cotonniers x Princesse tam tam. Pop colors, transparence & ethnic vibes. You must feel confident with your choice to boost a simple transparent white summer dress. Let’s face it the French woman during holidays is lazy. She doesn’t want to look everywhere for her belongings or wear a bag that is not practical. We can feel this freedom breeze entering our wardrobes. Let go with elegance and Parisian chic. The lego Chanel box is perfect for the sand, nature and travels. It will keep your smartphone safe and dry as well as your passport.
10. Choosing your it-bag is not an easy thing to do. Pick it for yourself and please do not get influenced by anyone else. Do not get influenced by your family or friends. Just walk around or browse online to get an idea of what you want. Or maybe what you need? The biggest mistake is to get something you already own even if it is from a different brand. Just go through your closet one more time to make sure you do not already have this lovely brown tote bag. Also ask yourself useful questions. Do you want to be able to wear it next summer or during any seasons? Obviously if it is made out of white suede, you want to let go of the idea to wear it during fall and winter rainy days. To become a perfect bag shopper you just have to read more of what is happening around you. Which movies are coming out? What is the top TV show? Musical influences? Your fashion icon?
Qui a dit que les nounours étaient uniquement pour les enfants? Commandez vos oursons Parisian Flair pour faire sourire vos êtres chers. COMMANDEZ ICI COMMANDEZ ICI
I met with Caroline at her favorite coffee shop Ten Belles in the 10th in Paris for this cool interview. She has a great soul, dynamic and positive, I connected with this foodie in a heartbeat. CHECK OUT HER INSTAGRAM How do you feel about Paris and Parisians in general? I’m in love with Paris. I live there since 31 years […]
Olé! Olé! Tengo Hambre! Madrid is full of surprises. I am very lucky to speak Spanish and to be able to live the authentic experience while staying with my Madrilenian friends in the barrio of Malasaña. Almost every morning, I go to the groceries or market (mercado) to buy fresh products and we exchange our recipes […]
About two weeks ago now, I was so excited to meet with my Spanish friends. As soon as I landed, I took the subway and went straight to the Palentino (a famous authentic Bar) to have my Cerveza and share a Bocadillo (sandwich) with mi amigo.
The paintings of Yann Houri focus on the complexity of the human subject and translate human emotions and time challenges into how we define ourselves in this mechanical and virtual age. The capture of each moment of life and each vibration is what human kind fails to admire in a contemporary lifestyle that pushes him […]
I was about to publish Charlotte’s interview, sitting in my usual Coffee Shop in Williamsburg, when I got inspired for a title “Dancing in the light …” The inspiration of the song “Dancing in the Dark”, which resonates with me. The oddest thing happened as I pressed the publish button. Bruce Springsteen started invading the entire coffee shop. […]
“My look is a cocktail. I’m not as nicely turned out as the french, but I don’t care like the English. ” Jane Birkin I met Julia through a close friend last week in N.Y.C. We connected immediately on our passion for promoting talents worldwide. She is strongly committed to finding the best fashion pieces […]
The Faubourgs’ revenge You have never heard of « Le Fooding » before? It’s time to change & get to know more about this innovative, creative & inspiring French concept. Founded in 2000, in the faubourgs of gastronomic right-mindedness, Le Fooding has been promoting original & creative initiatives. To celebrate 15 years of culinary and cultural revolution, […]
Cloé Bailly is a Director & a screenwriter. I met Cloé in Los Angeles more than a year ago during a Karaoké night in Korean Town. I never saw her work until last week when she posted her film for Sonia Rykiel. I then automatically thought she had to be interviewed for The Parisian Flair!
The Parisian Flair fell in love with this wonderful French brand and her designer . I take a lot of pictures myself and never knew where to put my camera, until I discovered these cool handbags. The founder/designer of these unique handbags & wallets is Victoria Couroussé. She is my favorite type of Parisian since […]